Every adult person is aware of the importance of learning The English language. He sees future opportunities and prospects. But what about kids? When is the time to learn the foreign language? Well now we are going to decide on this issue.
Its well-known fact that children comprehend new information faster and easier than adults. They are often compared to “sponges”. Because of their ability to mime and produce all the things they see and hear.
If this question has appeared in your mind you need to think why? Why will it be good or useful for your kid?
Let`s talk about advantages
- It is good for development.
- They do not have fear of saying or doing something wrong. It promotes learning.
- Kids are not limited. They have got a lot of time to learn the language.
- Foreign language learning is fun. They are learning through games. That is why they will never be bored of language.
- They are not stressed by having a lot of tasks and deals comparing to adults getting stuck in routines.
- Having already known the base of English language they are more likely to continue it at more conscious age.
- The earlier the better can not be the right answer because at first a child should understand and communicate with his mother tongue.
- Bilingualism confuses their minds. They can be mixed up with their own mother tongue. Some kids face with such problems as mixing letters pronunciation.
- They do not have motivation. When they are small they do not think about future opportunities etc.
- English is difficult. Kids do not understand grammar. Not because teachers are not qualified for this. They are just not ready for this.
- Kids perceive the world like images. For them it is difficult and almost impossible to think in English. That is why it takes a lot of time for them to express what is on their minds especially in English.
Summing up I would say that learning the English language can not be a bad idea but you have to be aware of time that is required. It is something that can be paused it should be completed. As a parent you need to support your child show him the progress and bring the culture of the foreign language and the language itself to your home.